Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Vintage Finds

This summer is coming along nicely. I spread my holidays out over the summer months and have enjoyed a four-day weekend, every weekend.  Been lovely.  Now I really love my job but having this time off during the summer, interspersed with busy workdays is an ideal mix. The best of both worlds!
This is what I have been up to:
Weekends have been spent,amongst other things, either thrift store browsing or vintage market hunting! Both endeavours are very fulfilling!
I have come to realize that I LOVE vintage kitchen & household wares!  Wholeheartedly it seems. My hub refers to these items as my toys! The latest is a collection of vintage linens... just saying 'cause I know I will be posting pictures in the coming months...
 
 
Especially loved visiting Red Door Farm.
 
Milk glass and vintage linens look great together.
These lovely embroidered linens are slowly disappearing.
And I confess that I have begun to amass vintage salt & pepper shakers,and creamer & sugar bowls.... oh dear.
Here are a collection of thrift store and vintage market finds....
This is my find of the week:this red wire basket at our local MCC thrift store. A great red.....but needed to find a purpose for it. It didn't take long to realize...
...this basket is perfect for storing a dozen or more 'mini bolts' of quilting fabrics. A nice way to group a collection.
Well it is nice to see my vintage finds and my sewing fabrics getting along so well.
Have a happy week all.

1 comment:

La La's Land said...

I'm glad you had a nice day and found some treasures. I'll let you know when we have another sale this summer with some new things.