Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Fabric Love

I returned to sewing and quilting in 2009. I have been a sewer since the 1970's - really serious about it.  But at the end of the 1990's I no longer sewed my children's clothing  - they were getting older and wouldn't wear what I made.....   But I missed sewing... something about fabric, thread, pins and scissors that I really missed!
And then.... quilting changed.... big time.  Everything was online. I discovered 'blogging' - wow it seemed better than any magazine could offer;  there were so many lovely pictures, and sweet stories to go along with those pictures.... I was inspired once again to sew.... for myself!  and soon  became fascinated with everything quilty!

But one lesson that I have learned in these past five years since my return to sewing..... learn to buy fabric in small amounts... 
I am serious.... there is so much really beautiful fabric to choose from....and quite frankly I want a lot of what I see.... so learn to buy small amounts..... fat 1/8th or fat 1/4s, no more than half yards!  Unless you are buying fabric to back a quilt....  
Trust me on this... cuz there is always going to be something new and exciting on the horizon.....

Happy Sewing All.

1 comment:

Fiberquilt said...

You always have such fun exciting fabric.